
Once i came home from the MOMI Museum i got right back to doing research. I found out about something really interesting Called the don't ask,don't tell policy in the military. Basically the term means if you come out stating your sexual orientation in the military, you will be banned. I'm livid for the fact it is a federal law that states it. I feel anyone should be able to openly be gay or whatever you want to be without being badgered or feel threaten for their life. It is truly unfair for the fact heterosexual couples show affection in public and its considered "normal" because that's what is right in the public eye but if a gay person was to show affection it causes an uproar. I just don't get it.. A homosexual person has every right to be openly gay and serve for our country in my eyes as the same as a straight person. Who are we to judge just because they like the same sex that they can't have equality as we do. What is so crazy about it is it stems back to the 1700's and maybe even before then. During the Revolutionary War any acts of male on male sexual encounters were reported and soldiers were let out on dishonorable discharge. You would think that over the years times and events have changed but in reality things haven't. Times have changed but the same inequality goes on today. I spoke with a female by the name RJB. She is currently enlisted in the military and will start basic training some time next year. She speaks on her own personal feelings toward the don't ask don't tell policy in a short clip i took. i hope one day someone will speak up about the policy bring change to this country.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Dont Ask Dont Tell Policy
Posted by Star Finesse at 3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment