THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

LADy GaGa The Gay IcOn?




A little over a year ago Lady Gaga has came out as an pop artist,releasing her debut album The Fame in august of last year.(2008) It wasn't until she came out as a bisexual artist which raised eye brows, causing the public to want to know more. On October 10Th, 2009 Lady Gaga attended the Gay rights rally in Washington D.C.speaking on her views of the LGBT community. Due to the fact she identifies herself as bisexual and is for gay rights, she is considered a rising gay pop icon. In a interview with MTV she states "The turning point for me was the gay community," she said. "I've got so many gay fans and they're so loyal to me and they really lifted me up. They'll always stand by me and I'll always stand by them. It's not an easy thing to create a fan base. ... Being invited to play the San Francisco Pride rally, that was a real turning point for me as an artist." -MTV.com
Before deciding to go on tour with Kanye West Gaga decided to address the matter of sexuality and their fans. She told Kanye , “I just want to be clear before we decide to do this together: I’m gay. My music is gay. My show is gay. And I love that it’s gay. And I love my gay fans and they’re all going to be coming to our show. And it’s going to remain gay.” they proceeded on to being partners on tour but later cancelled due to other issues.
Lady Gaga and Kanye West Pictures, Images and Photos

Gaga has even made comments toward President Obama, with him needing to "bring promise to reality" She feels by taking a stand things will change, and if not all at once at least gradually change will come. In my view point Lady Gaga automatically become a gay icon. Her Music is very much expressive, in which many gay clung to. Anyone who is pro in the media would certainly become a Gay icon because there aren't many who are taking a stand for them. Mainstreaming gay culture in the media is what she strives for, in hopes to end societies stereotypes.

0 comments: